Monday, December 04, 2006

This morning, I arrived school early so I got to ride the trike. Saves up 50% of my daily energy. When the trike got to SEC, I waited patiently as the two other passengers paid up. Suddenly the driver nudged me.

Driver: Miss...
Moi: Sa Faura pa ako ah!
Driver: Yun nga...(irritated here) may barya ka ba? (showing me a 20 peso bill)
Moi: Ahhh... wala ho. Bente lang rin meron ko eh...
Driver: Hay naku...

After around five minutes, he was able to get some change for the two passengers. Wasting no time, he drove me to Faura. On the way, I was thinking to myself: "Shet... wala akong barya!" Luckily when I paid him 20 pesos, he was able to give me change for 7 pesos. Funny though, the first thing that popped into my mind when I kept my coins in my coin purse was: "Yey! May barya na ako! Oh happy day!" Yuck. What a great way to start the day... shallow.