Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Ninja strikes again!

My little cousin is two years old. He's thin, very active, really naughty but not a troublemaker, so I call him my little Ninja. Well I'm going to tell you a story about this hyperactive little Ninja, and how curiosity *almost* killed him... twice.

Last October, it was my sembreak so naturally, I wake up late in the mornings. One fair morning I woke up startled by a crunching sound. My eyes quickly darted towards the standing electric fan beside my bed, because I was afraid some of its nuts and bolts went haywire. Instead, the electric fan was okay, but I saw little Ninja standing right beside it. I called him and he looked at me with his huge eyes and looked at the electric fan. "What happened?" I asked him. He was speechless for the first time and extended his index finger at me. Then I saw blood dripping from his finger and on to the floor, and I knew right there and then what had happened. Good thing the wound wasn't to deep, and little Ninja learned his lesson, that no matter what he does for his Ninja training, better leave the electric fan alone, cause it bites back.

This afternoon, we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant because the kids were craving for dimsum. Little Ninja sat with mommy, while his sister and I sat to his right. We were all enjoying our delicious bowl of Asado noodles when we both heard him calling for my mom. Mom thought he was asking for more noodles so she asked him to wait. But he kept calling her, so I asked him what he wanted. He looked at me and his face was the most bizarre one I've ever seen. His brows were crunched up and a single tooth showed. The moment he turned to me, he burst into wails! Mom started scolding him for his impatience, while his sister started coaxing him. I, on the other hand, jumped up to his side and peered into his mouth. I thought he had eaten something terrible but there was no food in his mouth. Little Ninja wouldn't stop crying. Then I noticed that he wasn't moving his arms, just kicking his legs furiously. Well guess what? His right arm got stuck to the chair. He must have naughtily inserted his arm into one of those narrow gaps of the chair. I tried hard not to laugh, seeing his state, but I guess he asked for it. Anyway, all the waiters and waitresses ran to him and started giving out crazy ideas on how to pop his hand out. One suggested to use oil as lubricant. Well it was a good one although while he ran off to get some oil, the other waiter couldn't wait long enough and suggested to use the chili oil instead. My grandmother protested at once, and we seconded the motion. Finally, someone thought of a more decent one and went to get some liquid soap. So little Ninja's arm finally broke free, though it's still red at the part where it got squished until now. New lesson, there are better gaps to hide in, just not gaps in chairs where even your arm can't fit in.