Monday, August 07, 2006

I really hate people who look down on others who are FINANCIALLY incapable. I mean, what's wrong if you're poor? What's wrong if you can't afford the leisures that other people can naturally attain? I hate those people who laugh at the poor: who couldn't afford to buy new clothes, who couldn't afford to have a proper haircut every two weeks like the other rich people do, who couldn't eat properly because a simple, non-variety meal is all that they can afford. Why should there be a difference between the rich and the poor in the first place? Can't everyone just keep the amount they have in their bank account to themselves and not compare it with other people? Those bossy, rich people are going too far! Makes me want to ask them: Is that your money you're using? Did you earn it? Is it unlimited? Do you know that some rich people die a poor man because they used up all their money on senseless things? Do you know that someday, you'll be like them as well?


You can tell I'm really infuriated.

And if I hate rich and arrogant people, then I hate people who refuse to believe you're poor and force you to become what you're not even more. To make myself clear, it's because of these people, who act disbelieving when you're excusing yourself from something because you can't afford it, and the others who insist that you are rich, even though you told them a GAZILLION times that the good things you have in life are merely gifts to you. If there's one thing I hate doing, that's becoming something I'm not. And these people somehow force you into doing things you don't want to do at all. How? That is what our elders mean by peer pressure.

So don't let other people take control of your life. Remember: "Why do you try so hard to fit in, when you're born to stand out?" You don't have to please other people. Just be able to please yourself and I tell you, you're definitely living a meaningful life.