Wednesday, July 12, 2006

let the rain fall down...

Rain. It's amazing how this natural phenomenon always manages to work on me. I don't know why but I love the rain. I love to stay under the rain, feeling its powers seeping into me. Powers? Yah, for me the rain is so powerful, seeing as how it could change me into a different person everytime I hear it.

Well, today is yet another rainy day and as usual, the rain has made my day really, really special. When the train I was on neared my stop, there was a loud bang, someone screamed beside me, and the lights went off. I panicked as I felt the train skidding down the tunnel leading to the station. Even the lights in the station were out. It was pitch black. The train halted at last but the doors didn't budge. I checked my watch - 7:05. 25 minutes left to dash towards Faura Hall. Finally, someone spoke over the loud speaker guiding us towards the exit. It was so crowded outside the station. There were people coming from all directions. Some struggling to get into the train, some struggling to get out like me. I walked briskly towards the street, but the people coming from the other direction were pulling me back. Suddenly, someone called my name. I turned around and waved at her. And then I saw it. A middle-aged woman stood behind me. On her left she held on to her umbrella, and her right hand was right at my bag, and the zipper was already open! Instinctively I pulled my bag towards me and stared at her. She simply avoided my eyes and acted like nothing happened. My heart leapt, and I quickly broke through the crowd before she could follow me further.

I was two minutes late for my first class. Luckily, I made it to the test. 9/10, merely satisfactory. I could have done better if I weren't late.

We were all hoping and praying that she wouldn't show up for class. It was supposed to be a free cut, if she hadn't zoomed into the room at the last minute, and I had to endure another full hour of her discussions.

I did better at the third quiz. Comes to show that I really have to memorize all the details in my Lit book. Sigh and I'm so poor in memorization.

The rain just wouldn't stop. I was dreading Math. Luckily, my wish was granted. Classes were suspended so Charles and I left school. Guess what? The train broke down. We rode a jeep to Anonas and there took our train ride. The rain kept on pouring. It smelled good though, compared to the litter-filled station.

I feel ashamed of myself. Why pretend to be someone I'm not? I didn't create this layout. It's such a shameful thing to say considering that I'm a comsci student. Yah, I suck in Java. Well, hopefully someday I could create my own layout. Sorry for the disappointment.