Sunday, July 16, 2006

heart ache

It's so amazing to see you again, after two years. Yes, I remember clearly the first day we met. Your hair was ruffled in a messy way, your eyes still wore that drowsiness feeling. You were late for class, and naturally the center of attraction at that moment. You were reprimanded yet you took it lightly and joked around with the teacher. Everyone laughed. That was the moment I liked you. You were everything I wanted: funny, smart, tall and good-looking, charming, sweet, everything I wanted from a boy. But that was so long ago, and after we parted ways, you gradually slipped my mind.

After two years though, we meet again. You sat there: two tables away from mine. I was surprised to see you there. I noticed your eyes, your look, they were still the old you, the you I liked so much two years ago. I wanted to catch your attention, but soon you looked away. Reality hurts. You forgot me, completely, entirely. Perhaps you never even remembered me. My heart shattered into pieces. It weren't so painful when we separated compared to that moment when you looked away from me. There was no way anymore, no chance for us. And yes, it was the most painful thing that ever happened to me.

I should never forget this day, when your image gave me hope but soon after your eyes broke my heart as well.