Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cards of Fortune

Today I had my "fortune" read... again! It comes to show how superstitious I've become over the years. Well, it's definitely not the first time I believed in predictions from cards.

The first time I tried it, I was still a sophie. We were waiting at our somewhat private make-up room situated at the backstage of CCP. With nothing up our sleeves and idly waiting for our turn to perform, my batchmates who were also members of the orchestra shuffled the cards, and instead of playing the usual Pusoy Dos and Heart Attack, we played fortune telling, well at least, love life fortune that is. Remembering the names I said that time still gives me the laughs. Of course, they were mere crushes, but at that time, they were like the world to me. hehe... It was so stupid of me to give them such importance. I guess that time, I was persuading myself to like someone else to avoid "misunderstandings".

Anyway, the second time I had my fortune read, and yes, this time it is my life in general, was just this year, during a free cut in Lit. Of course, there's Monsieur John who is renowned for his, shall we say, prophetic skills. He was able to predict my past, present and future. Well, both my past and present were kinda accurate, so I reckoned the future prediction will be accurate as well. Suprisingly though, it wasn't that good. I would never forget those haunting words he said: "Either your husband, or your son will have a problem in his life." I was like: "WTF?" I've always dreamed of a happy family, a husband who loves me and cherishes me for who I am, and a son, who looks exactly like his father, to whom I will dedicate all the love and care I can give all my life. So that prediction came as a shock to me and no matter how hard I tried, I still can't manage to bring to the back of my mind. Damn for being too superstitious. Sometimes, when the predictions are bad, I just can't help myself and believe these bad things.

Well, after a few meditations and self-reflection over the sembreak, I finally placed all these love life stuff behind me. What's more important right now, is my own success, achieving my own dreams, so definitely, love can wait. Of course, don't be fooled, friends when I said I "divorced with my ex-husband and now has found a new one", my "husbands" are really artists. I'm just indulging myself with celebrity cuties to keep my mind away from reality boys. So, a while ago, when Rudolf was talking about cards and love life predicting, I curiously asked him to read my fortune. And when he asked the number of letters of my crush's name, I instinctively, and playfully said 4. Just a hint, that stands for E--O. Before you guys start guessing, it's not Elmo, and the guy I was pertaining to is a Taiwanese singer, well some of you might know him. Here comes the good part, when the predictions came out, me and the guy are actually CLOSE. And there's another man-obstacle, standing between us. (Hmm... now who could that be?) Anyway, suprisingly, I'm actually close with the "man of my dreams" and he's an artist. Haha... can't stop chucking everytime I think of that.

But, wait a minute, was it just a joke or a game, or is it really predicting what WILL happen to me in the future?