Thursday, October 26, 2006

It surprises me how a mere teleseries could make me think this much. Well, I know I'm a thinker. But I usually resume my thinking-self after I watched a really meaningful movie or read a really inspiring book. And yet, how can "The Frog Prince" become a meaningful and inspiring film? Yes, its definitely a comedy just by the looks of the design of the DVD: a cartoon frog wearing a little crown. The story is also a comedy: a girl coming from a poor family, whose ultimate goal is to marry a rich guy, and on she goes on her adventure to find the perfect rich guy for a husband. Still, this film made me think a lot. I thought that this story may seem like a comedy, but I could easily relate it with my own life.

Well, laugh if you must, but I always picture myself as a princess waiting for my prince. Probably because I watched too many Princesses' movies when I was a kid, that I started to believe that every girl has a prince meant for them, and that the princess will have to wait, until the day when her prince charming will come and sweep her off her feet and bring her to the wonderful palace, where they live happily ever after. Sigh. I used to believe that everything will end with happily ever after. It wasn't until I grew up, got my heart broken many times and got to college, till I realized that, WAIT! Reality check. Life ain't that perfect. A fairy tale princess may go through many hardships, but in the end, she would finally meet her prince. But a real life princess will go through all sorts of difficulties, and what does she get in the end? A frog, or perhaps, she'll just die an old maid.

I once received a text from a friend. It goes this way:
It's better for a princess to sleep a hundred years and be kissed and awaken by the right prince, than to stay awake and be kissed a hundred times by the wrong frog.

When I got this message I was like "WOW! That surely hit the spot." But just like what I said, real life isn't a fairy tale. Poor girls finding their rich princes only happen in movies. In real life, no way! Only rich girls get the good guys. 麻雀变凤凰是不可能的。“A maya bird can't turn into a phoenix." Once a poor girl, always a poor girl. Only way to become rich is counting on yourself, and not one your non-existent prince charming.

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world, just a lie you got to rise above."