Sunday, October 08, 2006

- A bad case of worms -

I went to school yesterday to attend a make-up class for Ma18. After class, I stayed behind to chat with Sher and EJ along the corridors of Sec A. And guess who we found in need of company? A small worm the size of a fingernail. I was the first one to find him, slowly and quietly wriggling beside us. Well, we were amazed and disgusted at the same time seeing how its body would arch up and down as it wriggled its way to who knows where. Too engrossed on it were we, that we look so stupid staring at it for around 10 minutes or so, not moving a single muscle. I wasn't sure who started the idea, but Sher was the one who found a way to fulfill it. After fumbling in her bag, she found a sheet of paper, with which, without warning, she sliced the worm in its middle. How dreadful it was to see both ends of the worm squirm as the paper ran between it. Sher got disgusted at once and released the paper which left the worm writhing in pain. Dreadful and pitiless that act was yet we didn't stop there. The worm, probably sensing the danger that lie ahead of him, took a U-turn. I took the upperhand and I blew at it. It tossed a little and landed on his legs in around a few millimeters away from where he originally was. Well for him that could be miles... Anyway, that got it dizzy for quite a while, and with no plan to seize action, the three of us started blowing at it. And a huff and a puff and we blew the worm off the edge of the seat and in to the jagged rocks of oblivion below. Before I left, EJ announced that he spotted the worm still wriggling over the rocks, but it didn't matter to me anymore if it were alive or not. I thought of what I did to the poor worm. I know I was mean to do that, but I considered it a kind of stress relief. Frankly, I'm feeling like the worm now, dizzy and with no place to go. But how I wish there really is someone up there blowing me around, because at least the time will come when he will get tired of fooling me around, and I can finally be in peace with myself, and get on with my life.