Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm so cuddly I like you!

Yesterday, I accompanied my little cousin to Gateway to watch "The Wild". It was a wonderful experience because I felt like an adult who is in charge of a little kid. When we entered the movie house, we both went "WOW". There were only around 10-15 movie watchers there including us. What's more, we were seated at the front rows, and we were the only ones in our row.


One thing I like about movies is that you get to see the trailers of other movies. It was really too bad though that we missed the trailers of "X-men3" and "Poseidon" because I had to accompany Pat to the restroom. Then when we came back we saw the trailers of "Cars", "Over the Hedge" and "Monster House", to which Pat pointed to each trailer and said "I wanna watch that!"


The movie was really nice. I think it was actually better than Madagascar. The thing I like about Disney movies is that they always manage to put lessons into each movie and they're really suitable for little children. Pat was really enjoying the jokes and was roaring with Samson the Wild. (I kept hushing him but he let out a loud roar before I could stop him *wack*)


My favorite would be the stuffed koala bears, thus the title. hihi... There's a string attached behind each stuffed koala that says *points to the title* when you pull the string. I've always loved koala bears. i had a collection of small koala bears that my aunts gave me after every visit to Australia. I remember I had one koala bear that I named Calyp. Calyp, derived from the favorite food of koalas, eucalyptus. (I was less than 10 years old then so it just proves how much of an expert I am in giving names. :D)


After the movie, we waited for my aunt to come and fetch us. In the meantime, Pat and I went window shopping. We went to Speedo, Nike Park, Levi's and we took at look at what was on sale at Leonidas. Pat got his eyes locked on the display window of the chocolate haven. I had to pull him away before he starts to drool. While we were shopping I asked him to tell me what he wants as a gift when he ranks first in class. Then he started pointing things at me. First he chose a pair of goggles at Speedo, then a basketball at Nike, then a soccerball. (*moan* I'll go broke!) Finally, we settled on a baseball cap at Nike. It was a perfect fit for him and the color was terrific. So I promised to buy him that cap if he gets first honors at school. Well that made him happy! :D


What a day! But I missed work again! Well, maybe my work for that day was to take care of Pat, then I'm cool with that. hihi... ciao!